Join CKF's Policy Group
The Policy Group monitors state and federal legislation, administrative rules and implementation issues related to BadgerCare+. During monthly conference calls, committee members:
- share information on how public policy is affecting program applicants and participants
- alert each other about upcoming program and policy changes that could have a significant impact, and
- consider appropriate actions for mitigating those effects.
Policy Primers, op-eds, emails, and telephone calls, are some methods by which the Committee informs legislators and the public about the effect that policy changes and raises issues for consideration by decision-makers.
What is on the Policy Committee radar:
- On December 21, 2011, the Policy Committee electronically delivered a letter to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in regards of the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) maintenance of effort waiver request. It includes points of information that CMS should review during the analysis of the waiver so the department can make a decision to best affect the families and children of Wisconsin. Read the letter here.
- On July 1, 2012, BadgerCare+ changes went into affect. (English/Spanish).
- On June 28th, 2012, the Supreme Court of the United States came out with their decision on the Affordable Care Act. CKF staff wrote about the decision on the CKF blog.
- On Wednesday, Wisconsin Governor Walker announced his budget proposal which included significant changes to BadgerCare+ and shed insight into how the federally facilitated health insurance marketplace (formerly exchange) will interface with BadgerCare+. For impact analysis, read the CKF blog.
Policy Group Meetings
The next meeting will be on Thurs., April 18, 2013, 3 to 3:30 pm.
Check back for agendas and confirmation.
E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up.
Policy Committee Meeting Minutes
Other Policy Information:
Operations Memos 11-37, July 15, 2011, BadgerCare+ Basic Plan Premium Change, (Department of Health Services)
Operations Memos 11-21, May 1, 2011 Administrative Renewals, (Department of Health Services)
Operations Memos 09-06, 2009 Federal Poverty Level and BadgerCare Plus Premium Changes (Department of Health Services)
Administrators Memo 08-07, Transition of GAMP/GA Medical Participants to the BadgerCare Plus Core Plan for Childless Adults (Department of Health Services)
Operations Memo 08-53, BC+ Prenatal Program and Continuously Eligible Newborns (Department of Health Services)
Medicaid Citizenship and Identity Verification: Wisconsin Council on Children and Families (WCCF) has produced a good summary of the impact of the new requirements on enrollment.